Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Easter Bunny vs. the Bassett Hound

Okay, if this dog doesn't shut up barking, I'ma lose my mind.

Have you ever heard a bassett hound howl? It rattles the windows.

He's gotten spoiled to coming inside when he barks nonstop, bc he knows, I suspect, that I'll get tired of saying 'hush!' and clapping my hands real loud at him, give in, and bring him inside....but it's not even 'inside' that he wants....what he WANTS is to roam the neighborhood, and I can't let him do that.

But I can't even bring him inside to shut him up today! I went out and played with him, fed him TWICE as much as I usually do, pampered and loved on him, but he's STILL being stubborn. Why can't I give in and bring him inside? Because my daughter is the proud owner of a baby Easter bunny and a pink baby Easter chick. And every Easter animal she's EVER had has either gotten sick and died, committed suicide in the toilet, or been eaten by the cat.

A hounddog would LOVE to snack upon a bunny, and the cat wouldn't mind chowing right past the pink feathers on the baby chick, so they are OFF LIMITS, and the dog's not taking it very well. I bet he smells rabbit...

I'm SO ready for Easter, by the way! I LOVE THAT DAY!!!! I usually make my rounds at the parents, then end the day at our besties' house, Mandy and Roger, with the kids dying eggs and hiding them while we join Mandy's family for lots of food and laughs.

They are close to my heart, and I often spend most weekends during dirt track season and as much time with them on holidays as I do my family. They love us like we're their own, and Easter is one of our fav holidays with them.

Last year, Becca had a homemade dress that was GORGEOUS that my sis had made her, and I had a regular Easter dress for her to wear after church in case she got dirty playing outside. It's a good thing I changed her outfit at the Haydens', because I was dying eggs with the kids, Mandy's lil one Mason got tickled, slammed his hand down on the table, and the ENTIRE cup of pink dye covered Becca. LOL She was a pink as the Easter chick I'm trying to protect from the housecat.

Happy Easter, everyone! Love ya'll!!!! And thanks, God, for sending Your Son to redeem us. Easter really IS the most important day of the year.

1 comment:

  1. You must have the patients of a saint! All those animals in the house and yard would drive me INSANE! We have one outside dog, that is so good I have to remind myself he is out there and I have to feed and water him, and one inside dog that some days I would like to strangle! Of course, being 8 1/2 months pregnant probably doesn't help any, haha!

    ReplyDelete