Wednesday, January 21, 2009

~And how my bad day turned out (part 2 of 'having a bad day)

~Monticello~
All ritey...I have to give a follow-up on my day. It started out with me anticipating a bad time, as I blogged this morning.
I headed straight for 'no anxiety' Bible verses, but I still felt like dung when I left the house. Becca had also woken up grumpy, which set me back at least half an hour before I even got going.
I had to go to UAM and deal with registration. I had dropped the ball at the end of the Spring semester and was so burned out I didn't even get my grades because I figured I had bombed. That meant more stress registering, and I had prepared myself for all kind of words like 'fail', 'academic denial' and 'petitions to student affairs.' I dreaded even opening that can of worms.
On top of that, the most malicious branch of my family tree shook a few leaves around my day around 6ish this morning, and I knew I had to go spend the day where I get my most stressed (If you don't already know and would like to inquire further out of sheer confusion on this paragraph, email me).
With my list of chores, I repeated the 'do not worry' verse about half a dozen times in the short drive to the college and my mom's house, feeling my blood pressure and dread rise by the minute.
BUT, when I made it to UAM, I found out that not only had I NOT bombed last semester like I had suspected, but I did pretty good and am set to start school in a few weeks with not one piece of paperwork. ~WoW~ God took care of that one, and I felt a little silly for worrying in the first place.
Then, as I cleaned the surroundings of my family tree, ran errands, just interacted with my closest branch in general, took my daddy shopping, and completed one chore after another, I realized that my day was going pretty darned good. As a matter of fact, this was the first day I didn't want to scream, pull my hair out and flee to Warren five minutes after I arrived. I had to laugh a little when I realized God had handled this one, too.
On top of my first-ever pleasant day there, I met a lady when I took my dad to Wal-Mart that was the live-in nurse for my aunt, who I'm studying and writing a book about. As a matter of fact, my writings of this particular story could not have been completed without a firsthand source for the years this lady was there. She is the ink in my pen, if you will, and was totally excited when I asked her to let me interview her. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE TO MY PUZZLE AND BETTER THAN THE CHUCK TAYLORS I'M NOT GONNA GET ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Other good things happened, too, like I had a chance to hang out with Mandy, my bestie, a few minutes this morning; I saw my lil Megan, my cousin who lives in Star City, my dad and I had a BLAST when we went to town...just me and him time and I adore him SO much; I talked to a couple of my closest friends while I ran errands around town (and I saw Jennifer Prince, too, but I didn't get to talk to her, so that kinda sucked, but at least I saw her!); and in general, just had a great blooming day.
So moral of the story....when God tells us things like not to worry and we plant the seed of His word in our heart, that seed will be sown if we keep it in our hearts, even when we aren't feeling it at first. My seed blossomed into a beautiful day where weeds and thorns often leave me lost and injured....right smack dab underneath my family tree in a little place that was named after another, more famous plantation (Thomas Jefferson's place, actually): Monticello.

No comments:

Post a Comment