Wednesday, January 21, 2009

That's all I have to say about that

had the most terrifying experience of my life tonight. As we pulled up to the redlight in Pine Bluff (near the new Walmart), Chris and I happened happened to glance in the mirrors at about the same time and saw a car speeding towards us, with me sitting there applying my brakes. By the time we saw them, they were all the way on us, suddenly swerved to the left, and sped in between me and the three cars in the lane next to me. The light had been red more than a few seconds (I had already come to a complete stop and was looking back when I saw the car) and praise God they missed traffic. Thank God for whatever made that person swerve to the inside because my precious baby was sitting there in the back seat. I can't say anything more about this. Any parent would understand.
In a split second, my precious baby's life was spared. I dare anyone to try and argue divine intervention with me tonight. Thank you, God. We praise you in the name of Jesus.
~~~~~~
After it happened, and Lawson and I had a near-meltdown because he knew exactly how close we came, we sat in Arby's parking lot in silence. My little sweetheart chimed in (she always does at the perfect moments) and said "Mommy, the radio was playing that song on the vacation movies. Ain't that weird?' That made me instantly calm down for her sake because Becca and I have giggled so many times (at the edited versions, of course)...as the 'holiday rooooaaad' song played on National Lampoon's vacation movies . She could probably quote you most of the Wally World movie..again, the edited version. Movies are a big 'mom and becca' thing, and she totally got the irony. I love my baby so much. That moment made me realize again how precious life really is.
She is such a mini-me and the greatest blessing in my life. I could never imagine watching Chevy Chase without my baby dunking a peanut butter sandwich in milk and giggling nearby. In that small moment I have never in my life been so thankful for my baby. I love you Becca, and I love you, God, for giving her to me and protecting us.
Another extremely odd thing that freaked me out, as far as irony goes...guess what the idiots were waving out the window when they went by? A MONTICELLO BILLIES flag!!! For those that may not know, that's our hometown and Alma Mater. Idiots headed to a footbball game....NO! Wait! What's even WORSE is: Do you KNOW where they were headed when they almost killed my baby, and us, too? WAL-MART. Do people learn nothing? There were at least three fatalities, if I'm not mistaken, in Monticello the past few weeks, and two of the deaths were a stone's throw from the Monticello Wal-Mart. Then I go to PINE BLUFF, and the Monticello idiots are driving the same way up there AFTER their town has just laid three people to rest for reckless driving??? I admit that if I EVER see that car parked somewhere, it would be worth a charge to make them not EVER forget what they almost did tonight.
A friggin' Billies flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment